Corporate Knowledge Experience
Central Australia has unique knowledge to share and exciting opportunities to seize. DKA’s Knowledge Experiences will help you build connections, experience Aboriginal culture, and foster leadership right here in the heart of Australia.
“Learning together on country was an unforgettable experience.”
- Cath Brokenborough
Executive Lead, Indigenous Engagement and RAP
The Desert Knowledge Precinct in Alice Springs provides facilities to host events, workshops and conferences for groups of professionals. We can introduce and support business opportunities, engage in strategic facilitation, and connect people, knowledge and ideas in remote and regional Australia.
The Corporate Knowledge Experience program is designed to allow for a transformational company retreat where you can tackle business challenges and strategies with a fresh perspective, after experiencing and learning about Central Australian cultures, landscapes and the desert environment.
Lendlease executives at Blacktank, an Aboriginal family outstation north of Alice Springs.
Our Corporate Knowledge Experience program offers:
- A wide range of experiences and hands-on learning activities to promote an understanding about the physical landscapes and socioeconomic factors in Central Australia.
- The facilities and services you need to host a conference, workshop or team day.
- Cultural immersion through talks, knowledge sharing, bushwalks, and spending time on country.
- Consolidation of Reconciliation Action Plans (RAP).
Program itineraries are designed to last for either 2.5 or 3.5 days. DKA can also create a bespoke program composed around your learning preferences, interests and timeframes – just tell us what you’d you like!
Package 1 (3.5 days)
This package allows you to undertake a deep dive into your experience in the desert, and to apply these new learnings in context before you go home. You will undertake a journey that’s been specially designed for you, from the initial challenge setting, to an overnight cultural immersion experience on country, time to meet with community leaders, and then a facilitated workshop – and some free time to explore some of the many things Alice Springs has to offer.
Package 2 (2.5 days)
This package takes you out on country to immerse you in an overnight cultural experience that works to open your hearts and minds to new opportunities. This is then followed by time to reflect through activities on the Desert Knowledge Precinct and in Alice Springs, including a dinner experience.
- 1. What kind of cultural experiences or activities are available to us?
- The package includes a Welcome to Country or Welcome to Precinct by an Elder, and tool-making or reflection activities. In the past, DKA has also organised a tour of the sacred sites and stories of Alice Springs led by Traditional Owners, smoking ceremonies, clapstick making, storytelling, and discussions on kinship systems, skin names, bush food and bush medicine. Let us know if there’s anything you’re interested in and we can tailor your experience to the cultural activities you prefer.
- 2. Can we spend some time out bush?
- Of course! You can discover cave paintings, and then camp under the stars in swags by a campfire. Whatever your preference, we can make sure you go home with some red dirt on your shoes.
- 3. How long does the Knowledge Experience last?
- Our programs are designed to last for either 2.5 or 3.5 days. Let us know if you would prefer an updated itinerary and we can tailor it to your requirements.
- 4. Can you run workshops for us?
- Absolutely. The Knowledge Experience program is designed to be a transformational experience, and we have the in-house expertise for team-building activities and reflections on strategic business development ideas.
- 5. Can we arrange to meet people?
- Let us know who you are interested in meeting, and whether you prefer private meetings or networking events, and we can connect you with the people and organisations of Central Australia.
- 6. Will we have free time for other activities of our choosing?
- Absolutely! Alice Springs is a thriving hub of art, culture, events and adventure. We have included some free time in the schedule so you have a chance to explore an adventure of your choosing. DKA is happy to provide recommendations if you are unsure of which activity is right for you.
- 7. Do you provide catering, accommodation and transport?
- Some catering is provided as part of the package, and we will arrange swags for camping if required. All other arrangements for accommodation as well as transport would need to be sorted out by your group. DKA can provide recommendations if you’d like. Please contact us for more information.
- 8. What sort of food will we eat?
- To ensure you have a rounded and comfortable gastronomic experience, DKA has incorporated bush tucker platters, light lunches and satisfying dinners, and cocktail nibbles into your itinerary. You also have your pick of restaurants around the town whether you’re in mood for a traditional breakfast, cheeky pub lunch or healthy burritos.
- 9. How much does it cost?
- We have different packages depending on your group size and duration of stay. Please see our pricing brochure or contact us for more information.