Central Australia has unique knowledge to share and exciting opportunities to seize. DKA’s knowledge experiences will help you build connections, experience Aboriginal culture and foster leadership right here in the heart of Australia.
Our facilities at the beautiful Desert Knowledge Precinct in Alice Springs are designed to host events, workshops and conferences for groups of professionals. We can introduce and support business opportunities, engage in strategic facilitation, and connect people, knowledge and ideas in remote and regional Australia.
“Learning together on country was an unforgettable experience.”
Executive Lead Indigenous Engagement & RAP
Lendlease executives at Blacktank, an Aboriginal family outstation north of Alice Springs.
Our knowledge experiences offer
- a wide range of activities to encourage hands-on learning about the physical and socio-economic landscape of arid Australia
- the facilities and services you need to host your workshop, conference or team day
- cultural immersion through conversations, walks, a day on country or bush camping under the stars
We’ll create a bespoke package to suit your team, so the possibilities are endless. Tell us what you need, and we’ll create a knowledge experience tailored for you.
- 1. Do we need to organise any venues, itineraries or catering?
- You can be as involved as you like, otherwise we'll take care of everything.
- 2. Can we spend some time out bush?
- Of course. Whether you'd like to spend a day at Blacktank Station or discover cave paintings and fossils at Oak Valley and then camp under the stars in swags by a campfire, we can make sure you go home with some red dirt on your shoes.
- 3. What sort of food will we eat?
- Anything you like! We can organise bush food by a local Indigenous caterer, healthy and colourful burritos, pub dinners, light lunches and nibbles, formal dinners, and just about anything else you can think of.
- 4. Can you run workshops for us?
- Absolutely. DKA has the in-house expertise that means we can provide team-building activities and reflections on strategic business development ideas.
- 5. Who will we meet?
- Let us know who you're interested in meeting. We can connect you with the people and organisations of Central Australia., whether you prefer private meetings, networking events or forums.
- 6. Will there be any free time for other activities?
- Sure! Alice Springs is a thriving hub of art, culture, events and adventurous activities. Let us give you some tips for places to go and things to do, and if you like, we'll include some free time in your itinerary.
- 7. What kind of cultural activities can we do?
- We can organise most things. Here's some things we've organised before: a Welcome to Country by an Elder, a tour of the sacred sites and stories of Alice Springs led by Traditional Owners, smoking ceremonies, clapstick making, storytelling, and discussions on kinship systems, skin names, bush food and bush medicine.
- 8. How much will it cost?
- Let us know what you'd like included in your knowledge experience, and we'll organise a quote.
- 9. How many days is a knowledge experience?
- Your knowledge experience will be designed around you, what your team needs, and how much you'd like to accomplish in your time in Central Australia. Let's talk!
- 10. What about flights and accommodation?
- We can provide recommendations so you can book the option you prefer.
To start the conversation about your team’s knowledge experience, contact Nina Kolder.